Termites are the most dangerous and most commonly found pests, dreaded by homeowners. They damage the furniture and the property and are not easily traceable.it is difficult to identify termites at early stages as the signs of termites are only visible after the infestation.
There are two types of termites most commonly infesting the houses.
- Subterranean termites are found in soil and wood and can damage the wooden foundations of houses. These termites build colonies underneath the foundation and are most difficult to notice. The professional technicians of pest control in Brisbane companies have the right equipment to detect these termites and eliminate them.
- Dry wood termites attack wooden furniture. They eat away the wood and destroy the furniture.
Signs of termite infestation
- Inspect the wooden furniture in your home regularly. Tap against the woodwork or push it with a pointed object, if the woodwork falls off or if you notice any powder falling, it is time to call a professional pest control in Brisbane provider.
- Appearance of fine saw dust, wood coloured termite droppings and discarded wings of termites around the furniture is an indicator of the presence of termites.
- The presence of subterranean termites can be noticed by observing the walls of the house. If you notice any mud tube formations on the walls, call a pest control provider immediately for termite treatment.
Tips to prevent termite infestation
Termites are a nuisance and hard to detect pests. They eat the furniture and wooden foundations from inside out and damage them. Prevention is always better than cure, in case of termites. Here are some useful tips to keep your home safe from termites.
- Safeguard your wooden furniture from moisture. Termites love moist places.
- Use good quality wood polish for your furniture. Hire a professional to apply the wood polish all over the furniture.
- Inspect your home periodically and discard any unwanted wooden objects and trash. Unused wooden items and broken furniture kept in store rooms is a hotbed for termite infestation.
- Get termite protection treatment from pest control in Brisbane companies. Invest in periodical inspection and maintenance contracts offered by pest control companies to safeguard your house against termites and all other types of pests.