The National Asthma Council Australia warns Australians against warm temperature amidst the rainy, humid season. It says it’san ideal environment for household mould to grow, emphasizing more on health hazards. According to Sydney-based Clinical Immunologist and Allergist Sheryl Van Nunen, moulds growing in homes can cause asthma for those with lung conditions.
The symptoms include wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, and a great need for prescription drugs. To battle this health hazard, the Council issued a mould prevention checklist. You may also want to hire a mould removal in Sydney to eliminate the allergies.
“One must minimize the amount of moisture in a house to control mould growth. After the rainy weather conditions, one must thoroughly and consistently clean the house while opening all windows and doors to dry out the area quickly. You can also use dehumidifiers to hasten the process, says Adam Trumble, manager of the said Council.
“Use white vinegar mixed with water solution to effectively remove the mould using synthetic cloth. Bleach can eliminate the mould but its spores are not killed. It can also aggravate sensitive noses,”Mr. Trumble advised. He also warned that moulds grow in less evident places such as clothes, toys and books, which must be removed before winter season comes. Employing a mould removal in Sydney can help solve the problem in lesser time.
Here is a prevention checklist made by the Council to do away with mould infestation:
- Remove moulds without delay
- When detected, treat the cause of the dampness immediately
- Ensure adequate ventilation to include exhaust fans for the laundry and bathrooms
- Ensure roofs and bathroom leaks are sealed
- Gutters and vents must be kept cleaned to prevent overflowing
- Indoor plants promote mould growth; hence it should be removed.
- Compost heaps and organic mulches must be avoided.
- Dry wet carpets and furnishings immediately
- Clean thoroughly including hidden dampness which a mould removal in Sydney can do.
- Consider using a dehumidifier to help dry out the space
- Remove mould infestation by using white vinegar solution and synthetic cloth
Mr. Trumble adds that one should feel well from household asthma and allergies before winter season comes. While it is true that these are triggered by moulds, dust mites and other pollutants, but the Council has developed the Choice programs to help eliminate asthma and allergy triggers