India’s promising economy is obviously one of those that investors are attracted to. According to the director of the International Monetary Fund, India will soon outpace China as the fastest growing economy in the world. Christine Lagarde further pressed on that this could happen within the year.
The director visited India last week and reported that India’s economy is expected to steadily grow at 7.5 percent in the fiscal year 2015-2016 which will begin in April. This figure is up by .3 percent from the current year.
If India hits the expected growth, this will make the country the fastest growing economy in the world surpassing China.
The International Monetary Fund predicted last year that the economy of India would grow by 6.5 percent in 2016. The estimate was raised after a promising Indian gross domestic product. On another note, despite the fast growth in India’s economy, the country’s raw economic power does not come close to that of China’s. The economic output of China last year was reported to be at around $10 trillion while India had roughly $2 trillion. This was according to the data gathered by IMF.
Despite this, Largarde still described India as the “bright spot” when it comes to global economic growth. The conditions in India are perfect to reap the benefits of demographic dividend making it a key factor for global growth.
India’s policy reforms
India’s economic improvement can be attributed to the reforms in policies and improved confidence in the business sector. These provided a boost for the growth of the economy. The current government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi made India’s economic growth at the top priority for India.
The latest budget reforms revealed the new government’s plan to decrease taxes among business establishments and increase spending on building infrastructures.
The director of IMF said that looking into the future, the economy of India would have doubled its size in 2009. The output of India is also predicted to exceed the outputs of Russia, Indonesia and Brazil put together.
India should be thankful to its young and growing population. The total population of India is estimated to be around 1.25 billion and more than half of the number is of the age 25 and below.
The yearly San Diego Comic-Con International kicked off July 20 amidst the usual hassles.
In what used to be called as Golden State Comic Book Convention when it was founded in 1970 by San Diegans, it is now on its 47th year.
The union of San Diego and Comic-Con is still thriving. There seems to be no stopping this geek pop culture of science fiction and fantasy.
A lot of people waited all day before the 6pm exhibition hall opening last Wednesday. Prices were shocking with some toy figures running a hundred dollars each. It was no different whether it was sold from booths in the parking lots or from toy companies. There were also video games and comic books. While some pieces were sold expensively, there were still comic books selling for 1 dollar.
The show continued on through Sunday. Each day was defined by entertainment spectacles. But, it was also like going through endurance training and patience tests with all the numerous activities lined up for goers. People brought sleeping bags, blankets, chairs, snacks and lots of water to get themselves prepared for enduring the long waits and long lines. All this extravagance and exhilaration entailed patience, tolerance and energy. But people endured this for an experience like no other. Those experiences included seeing Star Trek Beyond’s premiere, its cast and the San Diego Symphony Orchestra on a live performance. There was a 2 hour wait to score tickets for this event.
Although some big studios have stepped back on their presence at Comic-Con, it still remained a marketplace for game manufacturers, publishers, fine art dealers, and so on. The number of goers rise up annually. There was a 135,000 estimate for this year.
The future of Comic-Con and other conventions like this still remains to be seen. While there is a huge cult following for this pop culture of science fiction and superhero stories, fans will always make their way to conventions. They may come as they are or they may be dressed in TV Store Online Costumes and walk their way through the halls to enjoy the acceptance of things geeky and nerdy as cool. There is no stopping them here.
There are times when you would want or need to remove a tree in your home because of varying reasons. However, you should know that there are tree regulations that are placed to protect these trees and if you don’t have a good enough reason to remove your trees, you probably can’t.
Trees are protected by the law because of the importance of their role not just for humanity but for the entire planet as well. So if you don’t know what trees can do for you, which is a lot, here are some important facts about trees you should know about courtesy of Mark Tremain from Ark Fencing & Treework.
- Trees Clean the Air. Trees are important because they help clean the earth’s air. In fact, from 1990 to 2007, global forests have removed about one-third of the total fossil fuel emissions. They remove pollution from the air and they also help improve the quality of air that every living creature breaths and by doing so, they are also improving the quality of health of humans. Also, roadside trees reduce about 50% of indoor air pollution.
- Trees Saves Lives. According to the US Forest Service, community forests save an average of one life every year in 10 cities. In New York City alone, 8 lives are saved. Trees help improve the quality of health of people. In fact, office workers with a view of trees are less stressed.
- Trees Provide Oxygen. One single large tree can produce enough oxygen enough to last four people in a day. Also, 20% of the world’s oxygen supply is supplied by the Amazon Rainforest. This means trees are critical to humanity’s survival.
- Trees Help Reduce the Effects of Climate Change. In order to produce oxygen, trees would need to absorb cabon dioxide which is a primary cause of climate change. In fact, during one year, a mature tree would be able to absorb 48 pounds of carbon dioxide and ould release oxygen in exchange.
- Trees are Important to Wildlife. They provide a vital habitat for many animals and forests are necessary and important because they shelter countless of species.
- Trees Increase Property Value. Properties with street trees would sell more than those that don’t.
The use of paper bags can greatly help our environment that is why most grocery stores and supermarkets are now opting to use paper bags as baggage for shoppers. However, the problem that one might experience with paper bags is that they are prone to piling up. Without further use, you’ll just be leaving your paper bags in storage and this presents a problem when you are a constant shopper. Luckily, there is a way to get around this problem. Surely, the best thing to do when your brown paper bags pile up is to reuse them. Here are a few ways you can reuse your brown paper bags.
1. Paper Boxes. Making paper boxes is not that difficult. In fact, even kids would be able to make them because it’s that easy. All you would need is glue, old paper bags from the grocery, some clothespins and scissors. You will find a number of tutorial videos on how you can make paper boxes on the Internet. The best thing about paper boxes is that they’re not only stylish and sturdy, but useful as well. Also, you can make your own variations!
2. Wrapping Paper. Now, you may have already received gifts wrapped in brown paper bags before because it’s not that uncommon. Brown paper bags can definitely be used as wrapping paper for presents as they give admirable simplicity and elegance. Although you would have to add certain decorative elements in order to maximize the present’s appearance.
3. Mini Scrapbooks. A creative way of reusing brown paper bags is to turn them into mini scrapbooks. The brown paper bags could be cut and serve as pages of the mini scrapbook, fasten them and all you would have to do is design.
4. Envelopes. If you are good with your hands, steady cutting and folding would mean you’d never run out of brown envelopes.
5. Compost Material. Brown paper bags are biodegradable and make for good compost. Shred the paper bags and then add them to a compost pile.
6. Book Covers. Another effective use for brown paper bags is using them as cover for books. The plus side is that you can also decorate and draw on them.
7. Ripen Fruits. One of the best ways to ripen a fruit is by placing it in a paper bag.
The world of sports can provide a person with prestige, fulfillment, and excitement. However, when one engages in sports, no matter if it’s professionally or just a personal interest, safety must always be prioritized. There’s no better feeling than feeling the fulfillment and excitement whilst staying safe. A lot of people are cycling enthusiasts. But cycling on the road presents its own form of danger. If you are passionate about cycling, here’s how you can stay safe.
- Be a Good Citizen. The first thing you should do is become familiar with all of the applicable traffic laws as well as the cycling rules. Remember, cycling also comes with a few responsibilities. Motorists will be able to respect cyclists more when they carefully adhere to the laws by which the local governments had placed on them. Don’t try to block traffic as much as possible and don’t use the wrong side of the street.
- Follow the Right Direction. And by right, it would be the direction of the traffic. It is definitely unsafe or even illegal to ride on the sidewalk or towards oncoming traffic.
- Join In. Sometimes, it is much better to ride in the same speed as the traffic and riding with the traffic itself. This would make you more visible to motorists.
- Eye to Eye Contact. Remember to make eye contact with drivers so that drivers can assert your position on the road. This connection would also help drivers be reminded that you are a fully functioning human on the road with life.
- Be Aware. You should always be aware of your surroundings. Know who is in front of you and who is behind. Be out on the lookout for hazards and danger.
- Wear Protective Gear. Cyclists have their own form of clothing so make sure you are wearing premium sportswear or protective gear that will be able to protect you or lessen the impact or damage in the case something goes wrong.
- Be Visible. Wearing reflective clothing would be able to make you more visible. Adding visibility can greatly help lessen the likelihood of accidents.
It is time to deploy your plans for Christmas. As a business owner, you need to focus in some key areas which include the following:
- Peak planning board. You can set up a departmental peak planning board. This way everyone in the business will understand their corresponding roles in the build up to Christmas day. It is equally important for marketing as well as fulfillment teams to be always in contact with each other as seasonal promotions and campaigns should be supported in order to allow the ample supply of items which are in demand. Marketing teams can also help in driving the stock movements. They can do this by creating strategic promotional campaigns for different items which are lagging behind in revenue.
- Segmentation. Businesses need to create a deep understanding of the different behavior of shoppers in the build-up to Christmas day so that they will be able to segment as well as target their marketing efficiently. Using the data that you have the previous years, it will be possible that you can now identify the frequency as well as the value of the customer’s purchases whether they only buy from you during Christmas time or throughout the entire year.
- Attribution. Advanced attribution usually takes account of the touch point for every device, channel or platform which is used by the clients during the journey of purchasing products. It can add insight as to the behavior of your customer. It will also allow you to measure the return on investment for individual campaigns and channels which can turn into great opportunities for sale.
- Email. It is very important to have a very clear strategy when it comes to answering the problem of abandoned baskets as well as incomplete purchases. You can include offering discounts as some methods in order to avoid these scenarios and in order to entice shoppers to get their basket back and continue shopping. Consider also shortening the usual time for this follow up on customers especially as Christmas gets closer.
Whatever you will be doing, make sure that your strategies are unique. You can even include giving ugly Christmas sweater to loyal customers.
With the recent reports of the sudden flooding in Chennai, Kozhikode has been barraged with concern as it does not have a strong drainage system. A flood as strong as that in Chennai, though it has not been foreseen to happen anywhere in the near future, will not be able to handle by the present storm water drainage of Kozhikode.
According to K. Somasekhara Kaimal, the KSUDP or Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project’s project manager, the resident will no longer have to worry since work is now being done concerning the drainage problem. It is expected that once the Storm Water Drainage System project is completed in a few years, the city will be able to handle any flood and will more likely prevent normal flooding experienced by residents.
All of the current storm water drainage system that is in existence within the city is now being handled by the Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project (KSUDP). Good news for those who are residing near the coastal areas because all the drains construction is done and completed. According to data, 10 of the roads that are within the city’s main are to be included in the storm water drainage project. The current work being conducted on three of these drainage systems are now on-going and some are into different level of completion.
The mofusil bus stand and its surrounding area have always been flooded year after year and is also under the drainage project. The work will involve a 100 meter long drainage system stemming from Focus Mall and ending at G-Mart. Another stretch which is 300 meters long will start at the RP Mall and will conclude in Arayadathupala. Once all of these areas are done, the problem with the mofusil bus stand is expected to be eliminated as well.
Mr. Kaimal shared how the project’s pipelines to be used are very wide that draining of the water will take lesser time than usual. Other major roads are also included in the storm water drainage project such as Karapparamba-P.M. Kutty Road and Sales Tax Office Road among other.
For residential drainage projects near or around Sheffield, visit Pro-Jett Plumbing & Drainage.